At GCM, you CHOOSE! Remote, hydride or office?
Do you dream of participating in VARIOUS and NOVATIVE PROJECTS where you will have to surpass yourself? Do you want to be part of a HUMAN organization where employees are a STRENGTH and can make a DIFFERENCE? No matter what your goals are, there is a place at GCM Consultants for YOU!
Are you a PASSIONATE and creative Process engineer …? Do not hesitate and come with us to build the world of TOMORROW.
Why would you come at GCM?
- High flexibility of working hours where you can reconcile family, personal life, and work.
- Comprehensive group insurance plan paid up to 60% by the employer
- 100% employer-paid telemedicine service
- Deferred Profit-Sharing Program with the possibility of contributing to RRSPs
- Leave of absence offered upon hiring for personal reasons or illness, redeemable if not used
- Diversified reimbursement program (for sports activities, professional membership, home internet and others)
- Innovative industrial processes, environment, sustainable development and industry 4.0 inspire our projects.
What is GCM?
- With more than 400 professionals in our offices across Canada, GCM Consultants has been a leader in heavy industry for over 25 years. Always looking for new projects that allow us to push the limits, our engineering services are built on the trust of our clients in the quality of our work.
On a daily basis you will have to:
- Participate in project definition and develop design concepts (conceptual, preliminary and detailed engineering).
- Establish design basis.
- Perform mass balance and energy calculations as well as process simulation, prepare process diagrams (P&IDs), perform hydraulic calculations and carry out the selection and sizing of equipment and piping.
- Prepare equipment and instruments data sheets.
- Ensure quality control of various process deliverables in various projects.
- Bachelor of Chemical Engineering.
- Member of the professional engineering association of the province
- 5 à 10 years of experience in heavy industry and/or engineering consulting.
You are the one we are looking for if you have:
- Passion for technical work.
- Relevant experience in engineering consulting.
- Relevant experience in heavy industries: Refining, chemical, petrochemical, biofuels.
- Knowledge of software process simulation: HYSYS, Pipe-Flo (assets: Aspen Plus, Pro/II, EDR).
- Excellent ability to work in a multidisciplinary team.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to lead a team.
- Familiarity with the concepts of process safety management.
- Bilingualism (important asset)
Type : Permanent full time
Available offices : Montreal, Quebec City or Varennes