Do you dream of participating in VARIOUS and INNOVATIVE PROJECTS where you will have to surpass yourself? Do you want to be part of a HUMAN-CENTERED organization where employees are a STRENGTH and can make a DIFFERENCE? No matter what your goals are, there is a place at GCM Consultants for YOU!
Are you a PASSIONATE and creative Mechanical Engineer? Do not hesitate and come with us to build the world of TOMORROW.
Why would you come at GCM?
- High flexibility of working hours where you can balance family, personal life, and work.
- Comprehensive group insurance plan paid up to 60% by the employer
- 100% employer-paid telemedicine service
- Deferred Profit-Sharing Program with the possibility of contributing to RRSPs
- Leave of absence offered upon hiring for personal reasons or illness, redeemable if not used
- Diversified reimbursement program (for sports activities, professional membership, home internet and others)
- Innovative industrial processes, environment, sustainable development and industry 4.0 inspire our projects.
What is GCM?
With more than 500 professionals in our offices across Canada, GCM Consultants has been a leader in heavy industry for nearly 30 years. Always looking for new projects that allow us to push the limits, our engineering services are built on the trust of our clients in the quality of our work.
On a daily basis you will have to:
- On site factory visits to meet team and define problems, solutions and coordinate implementation
- Establish the design basis and develop concepts
- Size and select equipment
- Estimate project costs
- Define and apply the technical standards required for the project
- Prepare specification lists
- Prepare and stamp specifications, drawings, and bidding documents
- Work as a team with the mechanical group and project teams
- Coordinate project activities as a representative of the mechanical discipline (Mechanical Lead)
- Ensure the alignment of junior engineers, CPI or other engineers and review their work
- Ensure quality control of deliverables produced by project team members for mechanical
- Develop the project work plan of the discipline in terms of deliverables and deadlines for projects execution
- Carry out projects according to the established plan
- Manage the hours budgets for the mechanical team on projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Member of the Professional order of Engineers of the province (OIQ)
- Minimum 3 years of experience in heavy industry/plant
- Experienced in pressure piping and equipment, material handling and industrial equipment
- Experience in consulting engineering
- Knowledge of ASME Codes
- Bilingual (French and English, spoken and written)
You are the one we are looking for if the following applies to you:
- Client-oriented, autonomous, and is creative in the search for solutions
- Ability to lead a team of up to 5 people while respecting project costs and schedules
- Passionate about the mechanical discipline
- Demonstrated ability to quickly converge on a problem solving strategy
- Team player and ability to work independently to meet deadlines, objectives, and goals
- Strong sense of organization, time management and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Be an inspiring person who takes pleasure in his work
Type : Permanent full time
Outsourced position with a client in the chemical products industry in Valleyfield