At GCM, you CHOOSE! Remote, hydride or office?
Do you dream of participating in VARIOUS and NOVATIVE PROJECTS where you will have to surpass yourself? Do you want to be part of a HUMAN-CENTERED organization where employees are a STRENGTH and can make a DIFFERENCE? No matter what your goals are, there is a place at GCM Consultants for YOU!
Are you a PASSIONATE and creative Civil/Structural Engineer? Do not hesitate and come with us to build the world of TOMORROW.
Why would you come at GCM?
- High flexibility of working hours where you can reconcile family, personal life, and work.
- Comprehensive group insurance plan paid up to 60% by the employer
- 100% employer-paid telemedicine service
- Deferred Profit-Sharing Program with the possibility of contributing to RRSPs
- Leave of absence offered upon hiring for personal reasons or illness, redeemable if not used
- Diversified reimbursement program (for sports activities, professional membership, home internet and others)
- Innovative industrial processes, environment, sustainable development and industry 4.0 inspire our projects.
What is GCM?
With more than 400 professionals in our offices across Canada, GCM Consultants has been a leader in heavy industry for over 25 years. Always looking for new projects that allow us to push the limits, our engineering services are built on the trust of our clients in the quality of our work.
Daily, you will:
- Supervise and/or design steel and concrete structures, mainly in heavy industry, but also for buildings.
- Supervise the production of drawings, and sign and seal them.
- Ensure the quality control of calculation notes, technical documents, and drawings.
- Conduct technical studies.
- Participate in defining projects and developing concepts in collaboration with the client and other disciplines.
- Participate in design reviews.
- Model structures with SAFI and SAFE.
- Prepare project cost estimates.
- Coordinate projects with other disciplines.
- Ensure the feasibility/constructability of projects.
- Provide technical support for the completion of field work.
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering
- Member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec
- Approximately 10 years of experience in structures (preferably in the industrial field).
- Significant experience in foundation design (an asset).
You are the person we are looking for if the following describes you:
- Ability to provide technical coaching for junior/intermediate engineers
- Experience in consulting engineering and/or heavy industry
- Ability to follow several projects simultaneously
- Aptitude for teamwork
- Demonstrated ability to quickly converge on the solution to a problem
- Practical approach with a focus on constructability in the technical solutions proposed
Type : Permanent full time
Available offices : Montreal, Varennes, Levis or St-John (NB)