At GCM, you CHOOSE! Remote, hydride or office?
Do you dream of being at the heart of the action and participating in INNOVATIVE and VARIED PROJECTS where you will have to surpass yourself? Do you want to be part of a Human-Centered organization where employees are a STRENGTH and can make a DIFFERENCE? No matter what your goals are, there is a place at GCM Consultants for YOU!
Are you a PASSIONATE and creative environment professional? Don’t wait a single second, come with us to build the world of TOMORROW.
Why come to work at GCM?
- High flexibility of working hours where you can balance family, personal life, and work.
- Comprehensive group insurance plan paid up to 60% by the employer.
- 100% employer-paid telemedicine service.
- Deferred Profit-Sharing Program with the possibility of contributing to RRSPs.
- Floating holidays offered upon hiring for personal reasons or illness, redeemable if not used.
- Diversified reimbursement program (for sports activities, professional membership, home internet and others).
- Innovative industrial processes, the environment, sustainable development, and industry 4.0 inspire our projects.
Who are we?
With over 400 professionals in our offices across Canada, GCM Consultants has been a leader in heavy industry for more than 25 years. We are always on the lookout for new projects that allow us to push the limits of creativity. Our consulting engineering services are built on the trust of our clients in the quality of our work.
- Prepare mine restoration plans
- Carry out authorization requests related to mining projects
- Participate in environmental studies of mining projects
- Coordinate the realization of geochemical and geotechnical studies
- Participate in pre-project studies, preliminary economic studies (PEA), pre-feasibility and mining feasibility studies
- Develop water, tailings, and waste rock management strategies
- Develop strategies for the protection and conservation of water resources
- Propose and develop solutions to reduce or eliminate the environmental impacts of mining projects and optimize the positive spinoffs
- Perform project management
- Ensure compliance with budgets and deadlines
- Drafting of study reports and service offers
- Ensure follow-up with ministerial authorities for the validation of environmental requirements related to projects
- Participate in regulatory monitoring
- Perform all other tasks related to the role
- Dynamic and stimulating work environment
- Collaborative team that supports each other at all times
- Flexible hours
- Development and training
- Bachelor’s degree in geological engineering, mining engineering, water engineering or bachelor’s degree related to the environment or equivalent.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in the field of environment and mining
- Spoken and written languages: French.
- Possess a valid driver's license
Description of skills:
- Ability to communicate and work in a team
- Sense of initiative, resourcefulness and versatility
- Good time and priority management
- Good synthesis and writing skills
- Good knowledge of Directive 019, the Guide to preparing the rehabilitation and restoration plan for mining sites in Quebec and the authorization application process in Quebec
- Working knowledge of mining activities, management of tailings ponds, geochemistry, mining contaminants and eco-toxicological issues as well as mine site rehabilitation
- Knowledge of national and international best practices in mining environmental management
- Experience in project management
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
You are the person we are looking for if you have the following qualities:
- Ability to communicate and work in a team.
- Positive attitude and interest in learning.
- Passion for your discipline.
Positions available based in: Montreal, Lévis, or Amos.