Our client in the field of renewable energy in Montreal is looking for a project control lead.
Upon your arrival, you will support the Project Management Office team to help ensure the effective and efficient delivery of the projects. You will report to the Manager, Project Control Office. As part of your role, you will be assigned to a project and you will also report directly to the Project Director and to the project management team. You will be responsible to manage a team in project control within the project, and support them in the execution of their mandates in cost control, scheduling, documentation control, risk management and estimation. You will be in charge of the development and execution of the project execution plan, non-technical project deliverables, development of project level financial controls and reporting.
Your role and responsibilities will be the following:
- Daily management of the project’s PCO team which includes +/- 10 resources.
- Support the Project Director in developing and maintaining project execution plan and identify resource needs.
- Assist the Project Director in monitoring and controlling the project performance (scope, time, cost, quality and risk).
- Analyze and identify gaps between approved budget vs actual costs.
- Provide project planning support, including scheduling, budgeting, performance monitoring, variance analysis, status reporting, and resource planning.
- Lead the evaluation of the project schedule, costs, and quality targets, applying governance controls as necessary to enable the successful delivery of the project.
- Develop and maintain project schedules, supporting the development of the CAPEX estimate
- Contribute to the risk management processes and establishment / follow up on contingency, develop presentation documentation as required for project teams and consolidate project status reports.
- Identify trends and root causes of deviations against the baseline and recommend remedial actions.
- Ensure the coordination of estimating effort with all disciplines to compile the project budget for each phase of the project development.
- Ensure the coordination of planning sessions and workshops to compile the master project schedule and definition and follow up of the baseline and critical path.
- Coordinate the project change management process and ensure project change impacts are properly integrated in the project plan (scope, cost, schedule).
- Ensure all deliverables are presented according to the quality standards.
- Responsible to issue the required status reports to project internal and external stakeholders, including input to the PMO portfolio dashboard.
- Ensure project control procedures and policies are executed according to the methodology and performance standards.
- Track project invoicing and payment schedules progress.
- Work closely with the corporate project financial controller and financial report manager to support the Corporate Control team in the production of financial reports.
- Liaise with multi-disciplinary working groups to satisfy ad-hoc requests (Business Development, Financing & Accounting).
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in a relevant program (technical or business related).
- 12+ years of experience in Project Controls on projects with CAPEX (100M$+).
- Experience with team leadership in Project Controls on projects in heavy industry an asset.
- Bilingual (French & English)
- Strong knowledge of PMI processes.
- Track record of preparing both detailed and management level reports.
- Hands-on experience working with MS tools: SharePoint, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Knowledge of Primavera P6 and MS Project.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics 365 considered a strong asset.
- Highly self-driven and energetic person looking to make a difference in a company.
- Good team spirit with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrates autonomy, initiative and driven by results.
- Organizational skills to handle concurrent activities successfully and with tight schedules.
Our client also offers a total compensation package that includes competitive salary, performance bonus, and comprehensive benefits to meet the needs of our employees and their families, including telemedicine.
And that's not all, here are some other unique benefits:
- $ 400 credit for health care and / or physical activities to support the well-being of our employees
- An employee recognition program
- Social activities organized by a committee dedicated to providing fun and promoting well-being
- Hybrid work mode balancing telework and working from the offices - we provide our employees with the technological tools to allow them to work effictively
- Training costs, membership fees and professional association memberships paid
- A flexible working environment with autonomy to take action.