Do you dream of being at the heart of the action and participating in INNOVATIVE and VARIED PROJECTS where you will have to surpass yourself? Do you want to be part of a HUMAN organization where employees are a FORCE and can make a DIFFERENCE? Whatever your goals are, there is a place at GCM Consultants for YOU!
Are you a PASSIONATE and creative network and security administrator? Don’t wait a second longer; come with us to build the world of TOMORROW.
Why choose to work at GCM?
- Highly flexible work hours where you can balance family, personal life, and work.
- Comprehensive group insurance plan paid up to 60% by the employer.
- 100% employer-paid telemedicine service.
- Deferred Profit-Sharing Program with the possibility of contributing to RRSPs.
- Floating holidays offered upon hiring for personal reasons or illness, and redeemable if not used.
- Diversified reimbursement program (for sporting activities, professional membership, home internet, or others).
- Innovative industrial processes, environment, sustainable development, and Industry 4.0 inspire our projects.
GCM – Who are we?
With more than 400 professionals in our offices across Canada, GCM Consultants has been a leader in heavy industry for over 25 years. We are always on the lookout for new projects that allow us to push the limits of our creativity. Our consulting engineering services are built on our clients’ trust in the quality of our work.
Reporting to the Assistant Director of IT, the Network Administrator will play a key role in managing the infrastructures, servers and network to optimize the performance and quality of our IT services. He/she will be responsible for technical projects with the various teams of the organization, in addition to following up on the requests assigned in the ticketing tool. The position is in hybrid mode, so the candidate must be able to travel approximately 2 days/week to the Anjou office.
- Plan, design and implement our corporate network infrastructure, including routing, switching, wireless, security, and monitoring.
- Manage the day-to-day operation and maintenance of our corporate network.
- Provide advanced technical systems expertise.
- Manage the company's various server rooms in our different sites.
- Participate in managing accesses to the Active Directory.
- Keep the Microsoft 365 environment up to date.
- Manage company firewalls and antivirus.
- Optimize and improve the deployment process through the SCCM tool.
- Provide basic support for the VMWare environment.
- Occasionally participate in Level 1 and Level 2 requests and assistance.
- Diploma of college studies (DEC), professional (DEP), or AEC in computer science.
- Possess five (5) years of experience and more as a network administrator.
- Experience in managing external suppliers.
- Fluency in French and English, both oral and written (bilingual).
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Windows 10, Windows Server 2012/2016/2019 OS
- Experience with AD, SCCM, GPO, DHCP, DNS, DFS.
- Excellent knowledge of Office 365 and MDM environments.
- Knowledge of VMWare and Microsoft Hyper-V virtualization tools.
- Knowledge of networking (IP, DNS, VPN, etc.).
- Experience with SharePoint.
- Good analytical and decision-making skills in complex situations.
- Good work organization and priority management.
- Technical ability when writing documents in SharePoint.
- Ability to organize, carry out and monitor multiple projects simultaneously.
- Likes to evolve in a fast-paced and stimulating environment.
- Autonomy, developed judgment, thoroughness and flawless integrity.
- Good listening skills, in order to be able to guide customers in their technological choices.
Please note that the masculine gender is used without discrimination and solely for the purpose of lightening the text.