Title: Director - Mining and Metals Business Unit
Office: All GCM offices
Type: Permanent full time
Immediate superior: Vice-president – Mines and Metals
Who are we?
Bringing together more than 400 professionals in our offices across Canada, GCM Consultants has been a leader in heavy industry for more than 25 years. We are always on the lookout for new projects that allow us to push the limits of creativity. GCM’s consulting engineering services are built on the trust our clients have in the quality of our work.
As part of your job, you will:
- Participate in establishing the business unit’s objectives and strategic plan based on corporate objectives.
- Support the business unit in putting the strategic plan into practice.
- Participate in the development of budgets for the business unit.
COMMERCIAL and FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
- Be responsible for monitoring the projects of his business unit (project of $500K or less).
- Be responsible for the preparation of service offers for AU mandates (up to $500K).
- Participate in master contract negotiations with clients and in the development of pricing strategies.
- Assist the accounting department in the management of accounts receivable and the collection of overdue invoices.
- Develop and help maintain a network of subcontractors in areas of expertise relevant to the business unit.
- Prospect and detect business opportunities.
- Understand client needs, expectations, and values.
- Develop trusting relationships with clients.
- Assist project teams in business development in the context of project execution.
- Participate in the definition of terms and conditions in order to limit GCM's exposure to commercial risks.
- Participate in updating sales forecasts.
- Participate in customer satisfaction monitoring activities.
- Collaborate in incident management (investigation, measures taken, etc.) and intervene directly with customers in the event of non-compliance (medium and serious).
- Supervise and support the performance of each of the project directors (PD) and project teams assigned to their business unit for the duration of their projects.
- Participate in the management of disputed hours and authorizations for budget overruns.
- Participate in the management of priorities between GCM business units.
- Contribute to the resolution of non-conformities and support communications with the client concerned.
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts to maximize the performance of the business unit.
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
- Participate in the feedback of the project directors involved in his/her UA with the manager.
- Identify the profiles of the resources to be acquired for the sector of the business unit.
- Participate, in collaboration with the directors of disciplines, in the hiring process related to the activities of the business unit.
- Contribute to fluid communication between engineering teams, project managers and various internal and external stakeholders.
- Contribute positively to the work climate in order to have mobilized and inspired teams.
- Be the standard bearer of the identity triangle, mission, vision and values of GCM.
- Replace the Business Unit Vice President.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering OR other relevant training.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience directly related to the position.
- Experience of consulting engineering and plant projects in the sector concerned by the business unit.
- Have developed a good network of clients and contacts in the sector concerned.
- Demonstrated skills in business development (asset).
- Fluency in French and English, Spanish an asset.
SPECIALIZED AND TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE
- Very good knowledge of the services offered and the industries served by the business unit.
- Familiar with the constraints specific to the execution of projects in these sectors.
- Knowledge and understanding of the expectations and issues of internal and external customers in the sector concerned by the business unit.
- Knowledge of project team management requirements (PMBOK, PMP, PMI)
- Ability to present and sell engineering services to the business unit's industry
HOME OFFICES AVAILABLE : Montreal, Levis, Varennes, Amos, Calgary, Regina or St-John (NB)