MECHANICAL ENGINEER/ SECTOR: INDUSTRIAL PIPING AND PRESSURE VESSELS
Are you a passionate, creative mechanical engineer aspiring to contribute to challenging projects? Do you wish to integrate a team of experts who will stop at nothing in their pursuit for professional and personal fulfilment? Are you ready to take on challenges and surpass yourself in your desire to innovate?
Comprising more than 350 professionals working in our offices located all across Canada, GCM Consultants has been a heavy industry leader for over 25 years. We are always on the lookout for new projects that will allow us to defy creative limits. Our engineering consulting services are built on the trust our clients place in the quality of our work.
Daily tasks include:
- Participate in the visibility of GCM as a technical expert in piping stress analysis
- Work as a team with the mechanical team and project teams
- Train and support team members in carrying out piping stress analysis
- Ensure quality control of outputs produced by team members
- Develop and implement the required tools and procedures
- Participate in business development
- Provide project support
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Member of the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec (OIQ)
- Minimum 10 years of experience in industrial piping
- Strong knowledge of pressure vessels and industrial/process piping
- Spoken and written languages: French and English
- Knowledge of ASME and API Codes
You are the person we are looking for if:
- Experience with CAESAR II® (required)
- Experience on COMPRESS®, NOZZLE PRO, MECASTACK, TANK, or in finite element simulation / analysis (Ansys and Solidwork Simulation) (asset)
- Relevant experience in consulting engineering and heavy industry
- Ability to communicate and work in a team
- Client-oriented attitude, autonomous and creative in finding solutions
- A passion for the Mechanical discipline
• In the context of COVID-19, we are teleworking and providing our employees with the technological tools to enable them to work efficiently and remotely. Therefore no matter where you located in Quebec, we're interested in meeting you for our various job opportunities!
• Post COVID, a flexible work policy will be put in place to adjust to the needs of employees in our new reality.
Type : Permanent full time
Office : Montreal, Quebec City, Sherbrooke