Mechanical Engineer - Piping and pressured vessel
Plant / Montreal Office
GCM is the leading human-scale engineering firm in Quebec. With a team of approximately 400 people, all our employees are important. GCM cares about the well-being of its employees, and fosters a stimulating and friendly environment.
GCM is also a firm that works on major construction sites in Quebec and Canada in the mining, manufacturing, and energy sectors. For example, GCM has designed pilot plants for biofuels and helped improve the energy efficiency of the process in a manufacturing plant by adding specialized equipment. GCM is on the lookout for the technologies of the future, and we help our clients implement solutions that improve productivity while reducing environmental impact.
Do you dream of being at the heart of the action, of participating in innovative projects where you will have to surpass yourself? Do you want to be part of an inspired organization ready to do anything for you to achieve professionally and personally? GCM Consultants is here for you!
Are you a passionate and creative mechanical Engineer? Do not wait a single second; come with us to put Quebec genius to work.
On a daily basis you will have to:
• Perform the design and detailed engineering of industrial projects
• Establish the design basis and develop concepts
• Size and select equipment
• Estimate project costs
• Define and apply the technical standards required for the project
• Prepare specification lists
• Prepare and stamp specifications, drawings, and bidding documents
• Work as a team with the mechanical group and project teams
• Ensure quality control of deliverables produced by project team members for mechanical
• Carry out projects according to the established plan
• Partial Plant (refinery) presence – 3 days min.
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
• Member of the Professional order of Engineers of the province (OIQ)
• 10+ years of experience in heavy industry/plant
• Experienced in pressure piping and pressured equipment
• Knowledge P&ID diagrams, of ASME Codes and API standards
• Experience on CAESAR (essential)
• Experience on COMPRESS and Simulation-FEA (asset)
• Bilingual (French and English, spoken and written)
You are the one we are looking for if the following applies to you:
• Client-oriented, autonomous, and is creative in the search for solutions
• Passionate about the mechanical discipline
• Demonstrated ability to quickly converge on a problem solving strategy
• Team player and ability to work independently to meet deadlines, objectives, and goals
• Strong sense of organization, time management and attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Be an inspiring person who takes pleasure in his work
With our flexible work policy, GCM wants to offer many possibilities to our employees. Our desire is to offer the best environment for our resources depending on their needs, whether its working at the Plant, from home or from the office. We want our employees to have a better balanced work-family life by offering a flexible solution to work organization.