Do you dream of participating in VARIOUS and INNOVATIVE PROJECTS where you will have to surpass yourself? Do you want to be part of a HUMAN-CENTERED organization where employees are a STRENGTH and can make a DIFFERENCE? No matter what your goals are, there is a place at GCM Consultants for YOU!
Are you a PASSIONATE and creative Mechanical Engineer? Do not hesitate and come with us to build the world of TOMORROW.
Why would you come at GCM?
- High flexibility of working hours where you can balance family, personal life, and work.
- Comprehensive group insurance plan paid up to 60% by GCM
- 100% employer-paid telemedicine service
- Deferred Profit-Sharing Program with the possibility of contributing to RRSPs
- Leave of absence offered upon hiring for personal reasons or illness, redeemable if not used
- Diversified reimbursement program (for sports activities, professional membership, home internet and others)
- Innovative industrial processes, environment, sustainable development and industry 4.0 inspire our projects.
What is GCM?
With more than 500 professionals in our offices across Canada, GCM Consultants has been a leader in heavy industry for over 25 years. Always looking for new projects that allow us to push the limits, our engineering services are built on the trust of our clients notably Suncor, in the quality of our work.
On a daily basis you will have to:
- Perform the design and detailed engineering of industrial projects
- Establish the design basis and develop concepts
- Size and select equipment
- Estimate project costs
- Define and apply the technical standards required for the project
- Prepare specification lists
- Prepare and stamp specifications, drawings, and bidding documents
- Work as a team with the mechanical group and project teams
- Ensure quality control of deliverables produced by project team members for mechanical
- Carry out projects according to the established plan
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Member of the Professional order of Engineers of the province (OIQ)
- 10+ years of experience in heavy industry/plant
- Experienced in pressure piping and pressured equipment
- Knowledge P&ID diagrams, of ASME Codes and API standards
- Experience on CAESAR (essential)
- Experience on COMPRESS and Simulation-FEA (asset)
- Bilingual (French and English, spoken and written)
You are the one we are looking for if the following applies to you:
- Client-oriented, autonomous, and is creative in the search for solutions
- Passionate about the mechanical discipline
- Demonstrated ability to quickly converge on a problem solving strategy
- Team player and ability to work independently to meet deadlines, objectives, and goals
- Strong sense of organization, time management and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Be an inspiring person who takes pleasure in his work
Type : Permanent full time
Available office : Montreal at our client Suncor’s installations in Montreal.