MECHANICAL ENGINEER - Mining & Metals
Are you a mechanical engineer specialized in the mining and metals sector who is passionate and creative and wants to contribute to stimulating projects? Would you like to be part of a team of experts ready to do anything to achieve professional and personal fulfillment? Do you want to take on challenges, surpass yourself and innovate?
With more than 350 professionals in our offices across Canada, GCM Consultants has been a leader in the heavy industry for over 25 years. We are always looking for new projects that allow us to push the limits of creativity. Our consulting engineering services are built on the trust of our clients in the quality of our work.
Your daily tasks will consist of:
- Conducting conceptual studies.
- Participating in the preparation of engineering plans and specifications for heavy industry projects including conveyors, pumping systems, crushing and grinding equipment and other metallurgical processes.
- Maintaining relationships with clients to understand their needs and ensure their satisfaction.
- Participating in the cost estimation of projects.
- Establishing and defining the technical standards required for the projects.
- Preparing bid documents.
- Coordinating mechanical engineering activities.
- Supervising junior engineers and reviewing their work.
- Developing project execution plans according to the deliverables and deadlines.
- Carrying out projects according to the established plan.
- Participating in business development.
- Experience in the industrial, metallurgical or mining sector
- Experience in ore processing plants
- Knowledge of mining infrastructures
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering
- Member of the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec
- Bilingual (French and English: Spoken and written)
- Available to travel for short periods at our clients' sites in Quebec and elsewhere in Canada
- Ease and eagerness to learn
- Ability to communicate and work in a team
- Client oriented, autonomous and creative at finding solutions
- Consulting engineering experience
- Plant or construction project experience
- Experience in a lead or project management role
- Experience in industrial equipment
• In the context of COVID-19, we are teleworking and providing our employees with the technological tools to enable them to work efficiently and remotely. Therefore no matter where you located in Quebec, we're interested in meeting you for our various job opportunities!
• Post COVID, a flexible work policy will be put in place to adjust to the needs of employees in our new reality.
Type : Permanent full time
Office : Montreal, Quebec City, Varennes, Amos, Sherbrooke