VLD, a division of GCM Consultants, is the human-scale engineering firm in Quebec. With a team of approximately 350 people, all our employees are important. VLD is interested in the well-being of its employees in a stimulating and friendly environment.
VLD is also a firm that works on major construction sites in Quebec and Canada in the fields of mining, manufacturing, and energy. For example, VLD has designed pilot plants for biofuels and participated in improving the energy efficiency of the process in a manufacturing plant by adding specialized equipment.
VLD is on the lookout for the technologies of the future and we help our clients implement solutions that improve productivity while reducing the impact on the environment.
Do you dream of being at the heart of the action, of participating in innovative projects where you will have to surpass yourself? Do you want to be part of an inspired organization ready to do anything for you to achieve professionally and personally? VLD is there for you!
Are you a Process Engineer with ten (10) years of passionate and creative experience? Do not wait a single second, come with us to implement Quebec genius.
On a daily basis you will:
- Carry out the design and detailed engineering of projects in an industrial environment.
- Define and apply the technical standards required for the project.
- Establish design foundations and develop concepts.
- Establish mass and energy balances.
- Design PFDs and P&IDs.
- Perform calculations related to, but not limited to, the design of P&IDs, such as: hydraulic calculations and equipment sizing.
- Participated in safety reviews (HAZOP, LOPA, etc.).
- Work as a team with the mechanical, instrumentation and electrical teams.
- Coordinate project activities as a representative of the discipline proceeds.
- Guide junior engineers, CPIs or other engineers and review their work.
- Ensure quality control of the deliverables produced by the members of the process project team.
- Ensure that all applicable processes, client procedures, and codes have been followed.
- Develop the discipline work plan in terms of deliverables and deadlines to realize the projects.
- Carry out projects according to the established plan.
- Manage the time budgets of the process team on the projects.
- Bachelor's degree in chemical engineering
- Member of the professional order of engineers of the province of Quebec (OIQ)
- 10+ years of experience in industry or consulting engineering
- Experience in pressure system design (vessels, pumps, pipes, safety valves, etc.)
- Know how to use process simulators (e.g.: Aspen/HYSYS, AFT Fathom, PipeFlo, etc.)
- Experience in consulting engineering
- Bilingual (French and English spoken and written)
- Be able to travel occasionally
You are the one we are looking for if you have/are
- Client-oriented, autonomous and creative attitude in the search for solutions
- Ability to lead a team of up to 5 people while respecting project costs and schedules
- Good technical ability
- Passionate about process engineering
- Demonstrated ability to quickly converge on a problem solving strategy
- Team player and ability to work independently to meet deadlines, objectives, and goals
- Strong sense of organization, time management and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Be an inspiring person who takes pleasure in their work