Do you dream of participating in VARIOUS and INNOVATIVE PROJECTS where you will have to surpass yourself? Do you want to be part of a HUMAN organization where employees are a STRENGTH and can make a DIFFERENCE? No matter what your goals are, there is a place at GCM Consultants for YOU!
Are you a PASSIONATE and creative Intermediate Civil/Infrastructure Engineer? Our team is looking for an engineer to serve our industrial clients, more specifically in the mining sector. Does this type of mandate motivate you and are you interested in taking on stimulating challenges? If so, do not hesitate and joins us in building the world of TOMORROW.
Why would you come at GCM?
- Great flexibility of working hours where you can balance family, personal life, and work.
- Comprehensive group insurance plan paid up to 60% by the employer.
- 100% employer-paid telemedicine service.
- Deferred Profit-Sharing Program with the possibility of contributing to RRSPs.
- Floating days off offered upon hiring for personal reasons or illness, redeemable if not used
- Diversified reimbursement program (for sports activities, professional membership, home internet or others)
- Innovative industrial processes, environment, sustainable development, and industry 4.0 inspire the realization of our projects.
What is GCM?
With more than 400 professionals in our offices across Canada, GCM Consultants has been a leader in heavy industry for over 25 years. Always looking for new projects that allow us to push the limits, our engineering services are built on the trust of our clients in the quality of our work.
On a daily basis you will have to:
- Participate in site drainage studies for mining clients.
- Be responsible for project definition and concept development.
- Design (calculation and sizing) of projected infrastructures.
- Prepare engineering documents (plans and specifications).
- Prepare quantity schedules.
- Participate to design reviews.
- Coordination and alignment of designers/drafters
- Participate to kick-off meetings with clients.
- Participate to project management both in Quebec and outside the province.
- Contribute to business development as a civil/infrastructure representative for the mining sector.
- Contribute to the preparation of proposals.
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering or Construction Engineering with specialization in hydraulics and/or road development.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in infrastructure (relevant experience in the industrial/mining field is an asset).
- Knowledge of PCSWMM.
- Member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec.
- Valid driver’s licence and car at your disposal.
You are the one we are looking for if you have:
- Capacity to be proactive.
- Strong knowledge in hydraulics.
- Strong knowledge in road development
- Capacities demonstrated to quickly converge in problem solving.
- Ability to communicate and work in a team.
- Ability to build lasting relationship with clients.
- French and English: spoken and written.
Type: Permanent full-time
Home offices available: Montreal, Varennes or Lévis