Expeditor- Temporary contract of 8 months
Renewable energy sector, customer in Montréal OR Sherbrooke
Our client in the Renewable energy sector in Montréal OR Sherbrooke is looking for a expeditor for a temporary contract of 8 mounths.
The Expeditor, in close co-operation with the Engineering and Procurement teams, is essential for the delivery of project material/equipment in accordance with the schedule.
- Ensures that all materials/equipment are released for delivery and handed over to Logistics for delivery or delivered to the jobsite by the vendor in accordance with the provisions of the Purchase Order
- Expedites all project equipment/materials in accordance with the expediting plan;
- Ensures that the data for reporting is complete and accurate;
- Coordinates information relating to packing lists and delivery documentation including any documentation required for export purposes;
- Coordinates and communicates with vendor and internal disciplines using forms of reporting to maintain project schedules and prevent any delays;
- Monitors vendor Engineering and manufacturing schedules to ensure schedule is maintained and pro-actively manage any possible delays;
- Coordinates with QC to ensure the scheduled inspections are performed timely and NCR's when produced are handled efficiently to avoid any delays to the schedule;
- Handovers to Logistics to facilitate delivery as per the Purchase Order pending on Incoterms conditions specified in the Purchase Order.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS :
- Bachelor’s degree in Administration or equivalent based on the experience
- At least 10 years of experience working in the industrial, oil & gas, or chemical/petrochemical industry
- Strong experience in fabrication in shops for industrial and oil & gas facilities
- Strong field management experience with excellent leadership and communication skills
- Strong expediting background, field experience and strong knowledge of suppliers management
- Coordination skills with a familiarity of manufacturing processes and materials Engineering and supply in the project and construction environment
- Well-developed planning skills and strong interpersonal skills to ensure that potential problems are anticipated, slippage or delays in deliveries prevented and that corrective measures are implemented pro-actively to ensure that risks with regard to schedule and cost are mitigated effectively
- Fluent in English; other languages like French will be considered as an asset.