Engineer – Civil/Infrastructure
Montreal, Varennes or Lévis Offices
Are you a passionate, creative civil/infrastructure engineer aspiring to contribute to challenging projects? Do you wish to integrate a team of experts who will stop at nothing in their pursuit for professional and personal fulfilment? Are you ready to take on challenges and surpass yourself in your desire to innovate?
Comprising more than 300 professionals working in our offices located all across Canada, GCM Consultants has been a heavy industry leader for over 25 years. We are always on the lookout for new projects that will allow us to defy creative limits. Our engineering consulting services are built on the trust our clients place in the quality of our work.
This posting is for a new position created to assist the Director of the Infrastructure Department in their daily tasks by supporting team members. This is a permanent, full-time position—however, we will also consider candidates with part-time availability.
Daily tasks include:
- Supervising and/or developing designs for infrastructural projects.
- Supervising the production of technical quotes, plans and signing/stamping them.
- Coordinating projects with other disciplines.
- Ensuring project feasibility/constructability.
- Offering technical support to worksite project implementation.
- Conducting analyses and modelling of projected underground service networks (drinking water, wastewater, stormwater).
- Responsible for project definition and concept development.
- Designing (calculation and sizing) projected infrastructures.
- Preparing quantity schedules.
- Participating in design reviews.
- Participating in kick-off meetings with clients.
- Participating in project management both in Quebec and outside the province.
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering or Construction Engineering, with specialization in hydraulics and/or road development.
- More than 5 years of industrial experience in infrastructure.
- Member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec.
- Bilingual (French and English, spoken and written).
- Experienced in the petrochemical field (an asset).
- Experience in the mining field (an asset).
You are the person we are looking for if you possess the following qualities:
- Capacity to be proactive.
- Strong knowledge of hydrology and hydraulics.
- Strong knowledge of road development.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly converge into problem solving.
Ability to communicate and work as a team.