Do you dream of participating in VARIOUS and NOVATIVE PROJECTS where you will have to surpass yourself? Do you want to be part of a HUMAN-CENTERED organization where employees are a STRENGTH and can make a DIFFERENCE? No matter what your goals are, there is a place at GCM Consultants for YOU!
Are you a PASSIONATE and creative Engineer - Automation? Do not hesitate and come with us to build the world of TOMORROW.
Why would you come at GCM?
- High flexibility of working hours where you can reconcile family, personal life, and work.
- Comprehensive group insurance plan paid up to 60% by the employer
- 100% employer-paid telemedicine service
- Deferred Profit-Sharing Program with the possibility of contributing to RRSPs
- Leave of absence offered upon hiring for personal reasons or illness, redeemable if not used
- Diversified reimbursement program (for sports activities, professional membership, home internet and others)
- Innovative industrial processes, environment, sustainable development and industry 4.0 inspire our projects.
What is GCM?
With more than 500 professionals in our offices across Canada, GCM Consultants has been a leader in heavy industry for nearly 30 over years. Always looking for new projects that allow us to push the limits, our engineering services are built on the trust of our clients in the quality of our work.
On a daily basis you will have to:
- Carry out automation projects including system design, programming and commissioning of systems.
- Program PLCs, human-machine interfaces (HMI), distributed control systems (DCS) and security systems.
- Configure industrial communication networks.
- Design test procedures.
- Perform pre-operational verification and system verification at the plant on site.
- Participate in the commissioning of automated systems.
- Provide technical and start-up support at the plant on site.
- Bachelor's degree in Automated Production or equivalent.
- Member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec (OIQ).
- Experience in the field.
- Availability to travel to serve our clients in Quebec and the rest of Canada.
You are the one we are looking for if you have:
- Knowledge of PLC, HMI and DCS platforms (Allen-Bradley, Siemens, Omron, Honeywell).
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Knowledge in machine safety (asset).
- Knowledge in industrial instrumentation (asset).
- Knowledge of electrical and power distribution circuits (asset).
- Demonstrated ability to quickly converge into problem solving.
- Relevant experience in the following industries: manufacturing, metallurgical, chemical or petrochemical.
- Relevant experience in consulting engineering or automation equipment supplier.
- Resourcefulness (self-taught).
- Spoken and written languages: French and English.
- Knowledge of industrial robot programming will be considered an asset.
Type : Permanent full time
Outsourced position with a client in the energy sector in Deschambault.