Civil/Structure Intermediate Engineer
Are you a passionate and creative Civil/Structural Intermediate Engineer willing to contribute to challenging projects? Would you like to be part of a team of experts eager to achieve professionally and personally? Do you want to take on challenges, excel, and innovate?
Comprising more than 300 professionals in our offices across Canada, GCM Consultants has been a leader in heavy industry for over 25 years. We are always looking for new projects to push the limits of creativity. Our engineering services are built on our client’s trust in the quality of our work.
• Design steel and concrete structures, mainly in heavy industry.
• Supervise the production of drawings, and sign and seal them.
• Produce calculation notes, technical documents, and drawings.
• Conduct technical studies.
• Participate in defining projects and developing concepts in collaboration with the client and other disciplines.
• Participate in design reviews.
• Model structures with SAP2000 or SAFI.
• Prepare project cost estimates.
• Coordinate projects with other disciplines.
• Ensure the feasibility/constructability of projects.
• Provide technical support for the completion of field work.
• Bachelor of Civil Engineering
• Member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec
• 5 to 10 years of experience in structures (preferably in the industrial field).
You are the person we are looking for if the following describes you:
• Experience in consulting engineering and/or heavy industry
• Ability to follow several projects simultaneously
• Aptitude for teamwork
• Demonstrated ability to quickly converge on the solution to a problem
• Practical approach with a focus on constructability in the technical solutions proposed
Type : Permanent full time
Office : Montreal, Varennes