Civil/Infrastructure Discipline Manager
Are you a passionate and creative infrastructure discipline manager wanting to contribute to exciting projects? Would you like to be part of a team of experts eager to achieve professionally and personally? Do you want to take on challenges, excel, and innovate?
Bringing together more than 350 professionals in our offices across Canada, GCM Consultants has been a leader in heavy industry for over 25 years. We are always looking for new projects to push the limits of creativity. Our engineering services are built on our client’s trust in the quality of our work.
Under the supervision of Management, the discipline director will be responsible for ensuring the development and growth of the infrastructure division, as well as managing engineering projects of all sizes in the department's fields of activity. The Infrastructure department enjoys independence and variety in its daily work via access to diversified unidisciplinary and multidisciplinary projects.
Description of responsibilities:
- Supervising and managing infrastructure project delivery teams
- Managing infrastructure projects
- Engineering and project design
- Interdisciplinary technical coordination
- Preparation of service proposals and estimation of fees
- Approval of project work plans
- Organization of resource performance reviews
- Strategic and departmental development
- Participation in the management of projects both in Quebec and outside the province.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or construction engineering
- Master’s degree (postgraduate degree) an asset
- More than 10 years of experience in infrastructure in the industrial field
- Relevant experience in consulting engineering
- Member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec
- Excellent knowledge of the market
- Bilingual (French and English, spoken and written)
Description of skills:
- Entrepreneurial skills
- Interest in technical mentoring
- Ability to converge quickly in problem solving
- Ability to communicate and work in a team
- Be an inspiring leader who takes pleasure in his work
Our flexible work policy offers our employees choices! GCM Consultants wishes to offer its interested employees the possibility of working in a environment that best suits their needs, meaning at the office, from home, or a blend of both. We want to offer interested employees a better work-family-personal life balance by offering a flexible work organization solution.
Type : Permanent full time
Office : Montreal, Quebec City, Varennes