At GCM, you CHOOSE! Remote, hybrid or office?
Do you dream of participating in VARIOUS and INNOVATIVE PROJECTS where you will have to surpass yourself? Do you want to be part of a HUMAN-CENTRED organization where employees are a STRENGTH and can make a DIFFERENCE? No matter what your goals are, there is a place at GCM Consultants for YOU!
Are you a PASSIONATE and creative …? Do not hesitate and come with us to build the world of TOMORROW.
Why would you come at GCM?
- High flexibility of working hours where you can balance family, personal life, and work.
- Comprehensive group insurance plan paid up to 60% by the employer
- 100% employer-paid telemedicine service
- Deferred Profit-Sharing Program with the possibility of contributing to RRSPs
- Leave of absence offered upon hiring for personal reasons or illness, redeemable if not used
- Diversified reimbursement program (for sports activities, professional membership, home internet and others)
- Innovative industrial processes, environment, sustainable development and industry 4.0 inspire our projects.
What is GCM?
With more than 500 professionals in our offices across Canada, GCM Consultants has been a leader in heavy industry for nearly 30 years. Always looking for new projects that allow us to push the limits, our engineering services are built on the trust of our clients in the quality of our work.
On a daily basis, you will be required to:
- Participate in project definition and develop safety concepts (conceptual, preliminary and detailed engineering).
- Prepare documentation for safety review workshops based on the process flow drawings (PFDs) and process and instrumentation drawings (P&IDs) provided.
- Act as a writer for the proper synthesis of risk scenarios and their development and evaluation during the risk review workshops.
- Write summary reports of safety review results, including modelling reports.
- Perform consequence calculations for loss of primary containment incidents for flammable and toxic hazardous materials.
- Prepare and act as a scribe for safety reviews, process safety information (PSI) preparation, process node division for analysis and consequence calculations.
- Perform consequence simulations with the appropriate software.
- Plan and manage time to accomplish the various tasks and elements required to successfully complete a project.
- Have a strong interest in operational safety of industrial processes.
- Bilingual (French and English: a high level of spoken and written skills).
- Bachelor's degree in chemical engineering (course or exposure in operational safety management is an asset).
- Member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec.
- Technician or operator with experience in industrial processes
- College diploma (DEC) in industrial processes
- 0 to 5 years of experience in the field.
- Have excellent abilities to work either in a multidisciplinary team or independently.
- Have a strong ability to grasp new concepts quickly.
- Methodical and rigorous attention to detail.
- Have an ability to listen carefully to identify critical points.
- Be available to travel (1 week or 2) in Canada.
- Relevant experience in consulting engineering or operations (asset).
- Relevant experience in heavy industries: Refineries, chemical, petrochemical and/or metallurgy and/or pharmaceutical (asset).
- Knowledge of the following software: Hysys, Aspen Plus, PHAST, ALOHA, PIPE-FLO (asset).
- Knowledge in PSM: Change management, safety review HAZID, HAZOP, What-If, FMEA, LOPA (asset).
- Good communication skills.
Type : Permanent full time
Available offices : Montreal or Varennes