You dream of being at the centre of the action by participating in VARIED and INNOVATIVE PROJECTS where you will be challenged? You want to be part of a PEOPLE-CENTRED organization where employees are our STRENGTH and can make a DIFFERENCE? No matter what your goals are, there is a place at GCM Consultants for YOU!
Are you a PASSIONATE and creative Buyer? Do not hesitate and come with us to build the world of TOMORROW.
The position is in hybrid mode (2 days/week in the office) at our client installation in Montréal.
Why would you come at GCM?
- High flexibility of working hours where you can reconcile family, personal life, and work.
- Comprehensive group insurance plan paid up to 60% by the employer.
- 100% employer-paid telemedicine service.
- Deferred Profit-Sharing Program with the possibility of contributing to RRSPs.
- Floating Holidays offered upon hiring for personal reasons or illnesses, redeemable if not used.
- Diversified reimbursement program (for sports, professional membership, home internet and others).
- Innovative industrial, environmental, sustainable development and industry 4.0 processes inspire our projects.
What is GCM?
With more than 500 professionals in our offices across Canada, GCM Consultants has been a leader in heavy industry for nearly 30 years. Always looking for new projects that allow us to push the limits, our engineering services are built on the trust of our clients in the quality of our work.
On a daily basis, you will:
- Manage the supplier database.
- Find new suppliers.
- Maintain relationships with various suppliers.
- Ensure procurement strategies are applied throughout a project.
- Apply the tendering process.
- Prepare tender documents according to technical specifications.
- Obtain proposals, prepare commercial recommendations, and coordinate technical analysis.
- Ensure that the best quality/price ratio is obtained for services by meeting the established specifications.
- Validate, negotiate, and limit additions related to the various mandate changes.
- Negotiate the various claims arising from non-compliances.
- Manage delivery times.
- Training in procurement or administration and practical knowledge of the legal and commercial aspects of procurement. Diploma of College Studies and a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
- Knowledge of procurement terms and conditions (Incoterms) and relevant laws.
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written French and English.
You are the one we are looking for if you have:
- Ability to negotiate.
- Ability to develop and maintain harmonious relationships with clients and suppliers.
- Diligence in respecting commitments.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple files and report the results.
- Ability to work within tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of the industrial environment (petrochemicals, mining and metals, etc.).
- Experience in procurement management.
- Professional Association: AGCA, PMI.
Type: Permanent full-time
Home office available: Montreal. The position is in hybrid mode at our client installations in Montreal.