Do you dream of participating in VARIOUS and INNOVATIVE PROJECTS where you will have to surpass yourself? Do you want to be part of a HUMAN organization where employees are a STRENGTH and can make a DIFFERENCE? No matter what your goals are, there is a place at GCM Consultants for YOU!
Are you a PASSIONATE and creative professional working in IT Infrastructure? Do not hesitate and come with us to build the world of TOMORROW.
Why would you come at GCM?
- High flexibility of working hours where you can balance family, personal life, and work.
- Comprehensive group insurance plan paid up to 60% by the employer.
- 100% employer-paid telemedicine service.
- Deferred Profit-Sharing Program with the possibility of contributing to RRSPs.
- Floating holidays offered upon hiring for personal reasons or illness, and redeemable if not used.
- Diversified reimbursement program (for sporting activities, professional membership, home internet, or others).
- Innovative industrial processes, environment, sustainable development and Industry 4.0 inspire our projects.
What is GCM?
With more than 350 professionals in our offices across Canada, GCM Consultants has been a leader in heavy industry for over 25 years. Always looking for new projects that allow us to push the limits, our engineering services are built on the trust of our clients in the quality of our work.
In your role as Assistant Manager – IT Infrastructures, you will be responsible for the team that supports and implements various IT projects for the GCM Corporation and its subsidiaries. In your role, you will need to understand the company's challenges, to put in place the processes and systems to provide a stable, secure, and efficient IT environment for all users of the company. Your team of network administrators, cybersecurity specialists, and IT support technicians will support you in this mission of providing an excellent level of service. The position is in hybrid mode. The home office is in Montreal (Anjou) but may have occasional travel opportunities to other GCM offices.
- Supervise and lead your team of network administrators, system administrators and IT support technicians, and ensure that they have a stimulating work environment.
- Establish goals for the IT team members, develop their skills and manage their performance.
- Supervise the Service Desk incidents and service request management processes according to IT service management best practices.
- Managing problematic situations and intervening in the resolution of major incidents.
- Assisting the team in the realization of technical tasks.
- Preparing, proposing, and monitoring an annual budget.
- Managing the renewal of licenses and support contracts for equipment and software.
- Proceed with purchase requests for various software and IT equipment according to the established budgets.
- Generate, maintain, and develop reports, dashboards, as well as management indicators and metrics for the service centre.
- Have 7+ years of experience in IT with a minimum of 3 years in IT operations management.
- Technical training (college diploma or bachelor's degree in computer science) or equivalent experience.
- Experience in team management.
- Knowledge of Microsoft technologies (Azure, Windows Server, SQL, etc.).
- General knowledge of technology and Cloud architecture.
- Knowledge of IT service management principles and experience in implementing best practices.
- Experience in configuring, operating, maintaining, and monitoring networking equipment, servers, and storage of various manufacturers.
- Bilingual (written and spoken) (French and English).
- ITIL certification.
- Experience with SharePoint.
- Thorough and meticulous.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Attention to detail, organization, and a commitment to a continuous improvement approach.
- Be recognized as an engaging leader.