Who are we?
With more than 500 professionals in our offices across Canada, GCM Consultants has been a leader in heavy industry for 30 years. Always looking for new projects that allow us to push the limits, our engineering services are built on the trust our clients place in the quality of our work.
Reporting to the Director - Infrastructure, the Assistant Manager - Water Management/Mining will have the main objective of ensuring the positioning of the infrastructure team in water management projects, mainly in the mining sector. He will establish business ties with main mining clients and the Environment group, while developing a high-performance team to support GCM Consultants projects. The performance of this team is essential to the success of projects, the development of GCM Consultants in the mining sector and customer satisfaction. In addition, she/he must demonstrate their credibility and technical leadership both internally and externally by inspiring confidence in our clients, employees and potential resources. She/he has the courage to intervene and act ethically, empathetically, and is aligned with the company's values.
Why should you come to GCM?
- High flexibility of working hours where you can balance family, personal life, and work.
- Comprehensive group insurance plan paid up to 60% by the employer.
- 100% employer-paid telemedicine service.
- Deferred Profit-Sharing Program with the possibility of contributing to RRSPs.
- Leave of absence offered upon hiring for personal reasons or illness, redeemable if not used.
- Diversified reimbursement program (for sports activities, professional membership, home internet and others).
- Innovative industrial processes, environment, sustainable development, and industry 4.0 inspire our projects.
On a daily basis you will have to:
- Participate in the growth of a team specialized in water management for mainly mining projects.
- Supervise and/or carry out analyzes and carry out hydrological modeling of various projects, mainly mining.
- Supervise and/or carry out the design (calculations and sizing) of the planned infrastructures.
- Supervision and management of mining infrastructure project implementation teams.
- Supervise the production of plans, sign and seal them.
- Ensure quality control of calculation notes, technical documents, and drawings.
- Carry out technical studies.
- Participate in the definition of projects and develop concepts in collaboration with the client and other disciplines.
- Participate in design reviews.
- Be responsible for defining projects and developing concepts.
- Participate in start-up meetings with clients.
- Contribute to business development.
- Prepare service offers and fee estimates
- Participate in the management of projects both in Quebec and outside the province
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering or water engineering or construction engineering with specialization in hydraulics.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in infrastructure (preferably in the mining sector).
- Relevant experience in consulting engineering.
- Member of the Order of Engineers of Quebec.
- Excellent knowledge of the industrial/mining market.
- Bilingualism (French and English, spoken and written).
- Significant experience in team management and business development, an asset.
You are the one we are looking for if you have/are:
- Entrepreneurship skills.
- Interest in technical mentoring.
- Ability to provide technical supervision for junior/intermediate engineers.
- The ability to converge quickly in problem solving.
- The ability to communicate and work in a team.
- An inspiring leader who enjoys his work.
- The ability to be proactive.
- The ability to follow several projects simultaneously.
Type: Permanent full time
Available offices: Montreal, Varennes, Lévis, Amos