Do you dream of participating in VARIOUS and INNOVATIVE PROJECTS where you will have to surpass yourself? Do you want to be part of a HUMAN organization where employees are a STRENGTH and can make a DIFFERENCE? No matter what your goals are, there is a place at GCM Consultants for YOU!
Are you a PASSIONATE and creative mechanical designer? Do not hesitate and come work with us to build the world of TOMORROW.
Why work at GCM?
- High flexibility of working hours where you can balance family, personal life, and work.
- Comprehensive group insurance plan paid up to 60% by the employer
- 100% employer-paid telemedicine service
- Deferred Profit-Sharing Program with the possibility of contributing to RRSPs
- Leave of absence offered upon hiring for personal reasons or illness, redeemable if not used
- Diversified reimbursement program (for sports activities, professional membership, home internet and others)
- Innovative industrial processes, the environment, sustainable development, and industry 4.0 inspire our projects.
What is GCM?
With more than 350 professionals in our offices across Canada, GCM Consultants has been a leader in heavy industry for over 25 years. Always looking for new projects that allow us to push the limits of creativity, our engineering services are built on the trust of our clients in the quality of our work.
On a daily basis, you will:
- Support the senior designer in their various functions: estimation of drawing hours, configuration of systems and software used and issuance of drawings.
- Design mechanical systems and equipment in accordance with the clients' requests and needs with 3D software, such as: AutoCAD, SolidWorks, and Inventor.
- Produce layout, detail, and mechanical installation drawings.
- Support mechanical engineering in the design and production of drawings and specifications for mechanical projects.
- Develop material lists for projects.
- Perform site surveys and field inspections.
- Education: DEC in industrial mechanics or equivalent
- Minimum 5 to 10 years’ experience in the field
- Spoken and written languages: French and English
- Hybrid position (you must be able to travel part-time to the customer's location in Contrecoeur)
You are the person we are looking for if you have:
- Relevant experience in an industrial environment
- Relevant experience in consulting engineering
- Knowledge of AutoCAD 2D-3D, SolidWorks, Inventor and Revit (an asset)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite; Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Autonomy, versatility, and initiative
- The ability to work easily in a team
- An interest in technical drawings from other disciplines (versatility)
Main GCM office: Varennes